☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 csugar
5egg whites at room temperature
1 pinchcream of tarter
1 tspalmond, vanilla, orange, or lemon extract
How to Make Meringue Bone Cookies
- Preheat oven to 220*. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Prepare pastry bag with round #10 tip.
- Combine sugar and salt in small bowl.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in small bowl with electric mixer at low speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar mixture, beating constantly. Beat until stiff peaks form and meringue is shiny and smooth. Add extract; beat just until blended.
- Fill pastry bag with meringue. Pip log 3-4" long. Pipe 2 ball on both ends of log. Smooth any peaks with wet finger. Repeat with remaining meringue.
- Bake 30 minutes; turn off heat. Leave cookies in oven overnight; do not open oven door.