Max & Erma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rose Mary Mogan1
- 3 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 stick
- butter, melted & cooled
- 1 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 2 large
- egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- madagascar bourbon vanilla extract( my preference)
- 1 pkg
- 11 1/2 oz. peanut butter chips (my preference)
- 1/2 c
- chunky peanut butter (optional) (my preference)
- 1 c
- chocolate chunks, or chips
- 1 c
- chopped walnuts or pecans optional (my choice)
How to Make Max & Erma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1Mix flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium size bowl and set aside. PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 degree F.
- 2Beat both sugars & cooled melted butter in a large bowl until combined, gradually add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, and mix until thourgly blended. Add vanilla and peanut butter, and beat well. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture, a little at a time, and beat till smooth and well mixed.Then add nuts and both chips or chunks and mix with a large spoon until thourgly mixed.
- 3Shape dough into walnut size balls, about 2 tablespoons in each cookie, and place on a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven, they will look like they are not fully baked. BUT LEAVE COOKIES ON COOKIE SHEET FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE REMOVING. This allows them to continue to cook but remain soft and chewy.
- 4After 10 minutes or so, remove to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- 5NOTE: I especially like to USE AIR BAKE PANS ONLY for baking cookies, there is a visible difference when baking, the heated air bakes the cookies and they do not turn too dark on the bottom, or get too hard when baking. Also try to shape the cookies as closely to the same size as this allows them to cook evenly, and will all be done at the same time.
Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract is my personal favorite, but any type will work, it is just that Madagascar has more flavor in my opinion.
- 6My family loves peanut butter, which is why I prefer to use peanut butter chips, and chunky peanut butter, but you can use all chocolate chips or chunks, and omit the peanut butter if you like, and omit the nuts as well, just that we prefer cookies with the nuts.