M & M Cookie Recipe (Original '70's Version)
2 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
1 cshortening (can use butter, but they will flatten more)
1 cbrown sugar
2 cm & m's (reserve 1/2 cup for decorating)
How to Make M & M Cookie Recipe (Original '70's Version)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets or use parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl, beat shortening (or butter), and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Stir in flour mixture until just blended. By hand, stir in 1 1/2 cups M & M's. Drop by rounded tsp. onto cookie sheet. Press several additional M & M's onto the tops of cookies.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until golden or until cookies are just set in center.