Lynne's Christmas Gingersnaps
I have given baked cookies as gifts and I have given tubs of the dough as gifts. They are always well received!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 cbutter flavor shortening
1 clight brown sugar packed
2 1/2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspground cloves
How to Make Lynne's Christmas Gingersnaps
- In a medium mixing bowl cream together shortening, brown sugar, egg, and molasses until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Scrape bowl and beaters as needed.
- In a separate medium bowl combine dry ingredients except granulated sugar.
- Add about 1/3 of dry ingredients to creamed mixture at a time just until all are combined. Scrape bowl and beaters as needed.
- Cover and chill dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 if using stoneware or dark pan)
- Shape dough into balls a little bigger than an inch in diameter. I use a 1/3 oz scoop.
- Dip tops of balls in the granulated sugar and set on pan about 2 inches apart. Make sure the sugared side is up as it will give a nice sweet crunch when baked.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until just set.
- Wait 1-2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Be sure to eat one while it is still warm!
- Cover tightly to store at room temperature.