Light and Fluffy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 ccake flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 cshortening, butter flavor
3/4 cgranulated sugar
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspvanilla extract
2 cchocolate chips
1/2 cbanana, mashed
1/2 cchocolate chips,melted for dipping (optional)
How to Make Light and Fluffy Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter flavored shortening and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, mixing to incorporate. Stir in mashed banana.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop by tablespoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 8 minutes until edges are light brown.
- If you are going to dip them in some chocolate, melt the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl over boiling water. Stir to help melt and when melted dip cookies.
- If you don't dip them in chocolate, you might want to sprinkle them before baking, with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. In fact make some both ways, you will love these cookies.