These little gems are very tasty- a little time consuming- but worth the work and you will be so pleased with the results.
The first 4 cookies I baked 2 long..could not roll but were very good just as a flat cookie..LOL
!watch as the edges brown quickly.!......
- 2 large
- egg whites only
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 pinch
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- unsalted melted butter, cooled
- chocolate chips,melted or white frosting
- cookie sprinkles, chopped nuts and/or coconut
How to Make Holiday Pirouettes
- 1Heat oven to 400. Trace 3 or 4 inch circles onto a parchment covered baking sheet or no-stick foil, set aside.
- 2In a bowl whisk egg whites and powdered sugar on medium speed until frothy. Stir in flour and salt, then whisk in cooked butter and cream until a smooth batter forms.
- 6Roll into a cylinder and place on paper with table knife slightly holding cookies in shape. If too stiff to roll return to oven for 20 seconds to soften.
Microwave chocolate or frosting to the consistency of thick honey. Dip the ends of the cookies into glaze, then roll in sprinkles of nuts or coconut. Place on a cooling rack and chill for a few minutes.
Note- these freeze well too!