Hershey's KISSES Macaroon Cookies
Another recipe from my daughter's Christmas gift, the Hershey's Cocoa recipe box. Photo is from the recipe card.
1/3 cbutter, softened
3 ozpackage cream cheese, softened
2 tspalmond extract
2 tsporange juice
1 1/4 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
5 csweetened coconut flakes, divided
How to Make Hershey's KISSES Macaroon Cookies
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed in large bowl until well blended. Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour until firm enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, remove wrappers from Hershey's Kisses. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- When chilled enough to handle, shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining 2 cups coconut. Place on ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press Hershey's Kiss into center of each cookie. Cool 1 minute. Carefully remove to wire rack and cool completely.