★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- 2 c
- sugar, divided
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped lemon herbs, lemongrass, lemon thyme or basil
How to Make Herbal Lemon Cookies
- 1Cream the butter and 1 3/4 cups sugar.
- 2Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- 3Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and herbs, add to the creamed mixture and mix.
- 4Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 3 inches apart, on a greased cookie sheet.
- 5Flatten slighty with a fork or cup bottom.
- 6Sprinkle lightly with the remaining sugar.
- 7Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes or until barely browned.
- 8Cool slightly, then remove to a rack.