★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 csugar, divided
1 tspvanilla extract
2 tspbaking powder
1/3 cfinely chopped lemon herbs, lemongrass, lemon thyme or basil
How to Make Herbal Lemon Cookies
- Cream the butter and 1 3/4 cups sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and herbs, add to the creamed mixture and mix.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 3 inches apart, on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slighty with a fork or cup bottom.
- Sprinkle lightly with the remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes or until barely browned.
- Cool slightly, then remove to a rack.