Spiced Hazelnut Crescent Cookies
I like them with lots of the icing sugar mixture on them.... I hope you will enjoy this delicious treat as much as we do.
·150 gr butter, break into small pieces
·210 gr flour, baking
·80 gr hazelnuts, ground
·80 gr powdered sugar
·1/4 tsp cinnamon
·1/8 tsp nutmeg
·1/8 tsp mace
·1 egg, large
·60 gr powdered sugar (garnish)
·3 tbsp vanilla sugar (garnish)
How to Make Spiced Hazelnut Crescent Cookies
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Using a large bowl, sieve the flour into it.
- Cut the cold butter into the flour and mix.
- Next add the powdered sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and mace, the ground hazelnuts and the whole egg.
- To help knead the mixture into a dough quickly, you will need to rinse your hands in cold water. It helps the dough to cling together easily.
- Wrap the dough and chill for half an hour.
- Form the dough into thumb thick rolls and cut into 1 cm wide pieces.
- Now roll and form the dough into crescents.
- Bake in a 160° Celsius oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies are light gold in color.
- Mix the powdered sugar and vanilla sugar together, well.
- Roll or sprinkle the powdered sugar mixture on the cookies. You want to do this while the cookies are hot, it will stick easier.
- You can decide how much sugar you want on the cookies, if you want more, roll them again.
Hope you will enjoy this lovely treat.