1 1/2 csugar
1 1/2 coil
1 corange juice
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
2 tsppure vanilla extract
6 1/2 cflour
·fruit filling of choice
How to Make Hammentashen
- In Kitchen Aid with whisk attachment beat eggs, add sugar, oil, vanilla & Orange juice. Beat until it somewhat thickens.
- Measure out flour beforehand. Dont use any more than recipe calls for. Dough will be soft.
- Combine Salt, Baking Soda & flour. Slowly add to the liquid to form a soft dough. When mixture becomes too thick, switch to Dough Mixing attachment.
- Dough will be very soft. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll out dough on well floured surface til about 1/4 inch thick. cut out circles. put small amount of fruit filling in center. fold up edges on 3 sides and pinch close.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes depending on size of cookie. Should be light tan colour.