Great Pumpkin Cookie
I saved this recipe knowing that one day in the future I would be making these with my child. Thankfully, I was given that opportunity several years later.
This weekend my daughter and I will be making this much loved recipe with her little ones and my grands!
2 call purpose flour
1 cquick or old-fashioned oaks, uncooked
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1 cbutter, softened (you can use margarine)
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed (i used light)
1egg, slightly beaten
1 tspvanilla extract
1 csolid pack pumpkin
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips (or you can use raisins in place of chocolate chips)
·assorted icing or peanut butter for decorating faces
·assorted candies, raisins and/or nuts, for decorating faces
How to Make Great Pumpkin Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl; cream butter; gradually add sugars, beating well until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and pumpkin to creamed mixture by alternating dry ingredients and pumpkin; mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips or raisins. (Or a combination of 1/2 cup chips and 1/2 cup raisins)
- For each cookie; drop ¼ cup dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet; spread into pumpkin shape, using a thin metal spatula. Add a small amount of dough to form stem.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cookies are firm and lightly browned.
Transfer cookies to rack to cool.