Grandma Parson's Cheery Cherry Date Nut Drop Cookies
Grandma Parsons gave this recipe to my Mom, and so there cookies have been in both families for several generations now.
These cookies are moist and loaded with fruits,nuts and dates, a perfect Christmas combination.
3 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 cbutter, softened
2 clight brown sugar, packed
1 cwalnuts, chopped
1 cmaraschino cherries, halved
2 cdates, chopped
How to Make Grandma Parson's Cheery Cherry Date Nut Drop Cookies
- Sift together flour, soda, salt.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, eggs.
Mix til light and fluffy
- Add creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture, then add buttermilk.
- Stir in nuts, cherries, dates.
- Drop by teaspoons on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or unti lightly browned.