Grandma Lee's Sour Cream Cookies
Very good with a cup of coffee or tea.
1 cbrown sugar
1/2 csour cream
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cmelted butter
2 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
4 tsphot water
How to Make Grandma Lee's Sour Cream Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. set aside
- cream brown sugar and shortening,
add sour cream and the egg and beat until well incorporated.
add the flour mixture and beat until well blended
- drop by spoonfuls on to cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown in color
- ....... The directions were not included in her recipe so I did it the way I normally would. also there was no measurement for the salt or vanilla so put in what my other cookie recipes called for. I do add more vanilla to anything I bake because I love it so I wrote 1 tsp but I used 3 tsp :-) I also gave the cookie sheets a very light spray of non stick spray.
- cookie icing: mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together add hot water a Tsp at a time until the right consistency. add a few drops of food coloring if desired. spread over cooled cookies.
This icing hardens a little and adds a very light crunch,