Golden Raisin Butter Cookies
Maggie May Schill
3 1/2 cflour
1 1/2 csugar
2 tspbaking soda
2 tspcream of tartar
1 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 Tbsplemon juice
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cgolden raisins
3 Tbspcourse cane sugar (garnish )
How to Make Golden Raisin Butter Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 375'F
- In a medium bowl sift flour, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar together. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Once completely creamed, mix in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix one egg at a time into butter sugar mixture.
- With hand mixer on low, slowly stir in flour mixture in batches until completely incorporated.
- Fold in golden raisins.
- Roll dough out into 1 inch balls and lay out onto a greased cookie sheet. Flatten balls out with a fork (like you would a peanut butter cookie.) Sprinkle with course sugar.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.