"GIANT GINGER SNAP COOKIES"
You won't even have to go back for 2nds they are so big.
Although I would recomend that you double this batch, as they do disapear fast.
ENJOY, these are so tasty with a glass of hot cocoa.
- 2 1/2 C
- all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 TBS
- ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp
- allspice, ground
- 3/4 C
- (1 1/2 stks) butter @ room temp
- 1/2 C
- (packed) brown sugar
- 6 TBS
- dark molasses
- 1 lg
MAKES 12 LARGE COOKIES. CAN DOUBLE RECIPE
3/4 C GRANULATED SGR FOR COATING AND DIPPING
How to Make "GIANT GINGER SNAP COOKIES"
- 1PREHEAT oven @ 350.
Line Baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- 2In Med Bowl, mix 1st 5 Dry ingredients.
(Flour, soda, salt,& spices)
- 3With Mixer, Cream together BUTTER, with BRN SUGAR, 1/2 C Granulated Sgr. until light and fluffy.
Blend in Molasses & egg.
- 4With Low Speed, Blend in Flour Mixture to wet mixture. Blend til just combined well.
- 5Divide dough into 12 equal sized balls.
add 3/4 cup sugar into a bowl, roll balls into this sugar.
Place 4" apart onto your parchment lined baking sheet
Flatten with glass into 3" rounds.
Sprinkle TOPS of cookies with remaining sugar in the bowl.
- 6Bake til brown, 12-15 minutes
(Rotating sheets 1/2 way thru baking, if more than one sheet in oven at same time. Top to bottom and Bottom to top)
- 7Cool on wire rack.
store in air tight container.
These can be made several days ahead and stored in feezer.
These are so good . . enjoy.