"GIANT GINGER SNAP COOKIES"
You won't even have to go back for 2nds they are so big.
Although I would recomend that you double this batch, as they do disapear fast.
ENJOY, these are so tasty with a glass of hot cocoa.
MAKES 12 LARGE COOKIES. CAN DOUBLE RECIPE
2 1/2 Call purpose flour
2 1/4 tspbaking soda
2 TBSginger powder
1/2 tspallspice, ground
3/4 C(1 1/2 stks) butter @ room temp
1/2 C(packed) brown sugar
6 TBSdark molasses
3/4 C GRANULATED SGR FOR COATING AND DIPPING
How to Make "GIANT GINGER SNAP COOKIES"
- PREHEAT oven @ 350.
Line Baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In Med Bowl, mix 1st 5 Dry ingredients.
(Flour, soda, salt,& spices)
- With Mixer, Cream together BUTTER, with BRN SUGAR, 1/2 C Granulated Sgr. until light and fluffy.
Blend in Molasses & egg.
- With Low Speed, Blend in Flour Mixture to wet mixture. Blend til just combined well.
- Divide dough into 12 equal sized balls.
add 3/4 cup sugar into a bowl, roll balls into this sugar.
Place 4" apart onto your parchment lined baking sheet
Flatten with glass into 3" rounds.
Sprinkle TOPS of cookies with remaining sugar in the bowl.
- Bake til brown, 12-15 minutes
(Rotating sheets 1/2 way thru baking, if more than one sheet in oven at same time. Top to bottom and Bottom to top)
- Cool on wire rack.
store in air tight container.
These can be made several days ahead and stored in feezer.
These are so good . . enjoy.