Fruity bars in a jar
This is another good for you, gift in a jar, cookie that could be used as a breakfast bar, or even a work out bar.
- 1/2 c
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 pinch
- 3/4 c
- rolled oats
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 inch pieces dried pineapple
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 inch pieces dried apricots ( any fruit, blueberries, strawberries)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- sliced or slivered almonds
How to Make Fruity bars in a jar
- 1Combine flour, cinnamon and salt. Place into pint jar. Layer remaining ingredients into jar in order listed, firmly packing brown sugar and dried fruit.
- 2Attach the following instructions on a gift tag:
Hootie Cootie Fruitie Bars:
Contents of gift jar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with foil and lightly grease.
Remove dried fruit and almonds from jar, placing in a small bowl; set aside.
Empty remaining ingredients of jar into a large bowl, stirring to remove any lumps. Add dried fruit, almonds, melted butter and almond extract. Stir until well blended. The dough will be moist and crumbly. Place dough into prepared loaf pan. Press dough into pan. Bake until top is golden brown 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool.
Lift foil and bars from pan. Remove foil. Cut into 1 3/4 x 2-inch bars.