Fruit Slice Cookies, aka Gumdrop Cookies, my way
Next time, less fruit slices, and single flavor with same flavor extract.
How to Make Fruit Slice Cookies, aka Gumdrop Cookies, my way
- I doubled the recipe for the amount of slices I used, but didn't in the ingredients above with the exception of the fruit slices.
- Cut slices into pieces and toss in the 1/3 cup sugar. Pour into a colander to remove excess sugar. When I made them I took out with a slotted spoon instead
- Oven to 350 degrees. Mix margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Add baking powder and soda, mix. Add flour a little at a time. Mix after each addition.
- Originally the recipe said mix in half of the fruit slices/gumdrops and press others on tops. I mixed them all into the dough. Might make them less sticky to do half and half like suggested.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough onto parchment. Flatten and bake 8-12 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies start to look dry.
- Note: these are so sticky it is even difficult to remove from the silicone baking mat. I had to wipe the gumdrops off the spatula after about every 3 cookies or they mashed.