Frozen Sugar Cookie Sandwiches/Dialysis Friendly
Can be made with regular or strawberry coolwhip and still be dialysis friendly. For kids try the chocolate cool whip too (we stay away from chocolate with dialysis diet)
1 1/2 startch
How to Make Frozen Sugar Cookie Sandwiches/Dialysis Friendly
- 1Preheat your oven to 375°
- 2In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder together and then set aside.
- 3In another large bowl, cream together butter and Splenda® until smooth. Then beat in egg and vanilla.
- 4Gradually add in the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture.
- 5Now form the dough into balls (about a teaspoon of dough for each ball),place on an ungreased cookie sheet and using the bottom of a glass press down on the dough balls to flatten.
- 6Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to stand until completely cooled.
- 7Once cookies have cooled,Put whipped topping in a plastic bag, snip off one tip and pipe topping onto a cookie. (You can also use a pastry bag) Put a second cookie on top of this and repeat process until all cookies have been made.
- 8Now wrap each cookie in foil or plastic wrap and place in freezer. Should be frozen for at least 2 hours before eating.
- 9Enjoy your yummy healthy frozen treat!