French Apricot Cream Cheese Bars
My sis in law Donna Mae made these and I fell in love with them. They are rich, crumbly, creamy, and fruity and are one of my favorite cookies.
People always ask me for the recipe when I make these.
How to Make French Apricot Cream Cheese Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
- Combine cake mix, butter and egg, mix with a fork til crumbly.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cup crumbs in a bowl and reserve for topping.
- Press remaining crumbs in the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool a little, then spread preserves evenly over crust.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Spread evenly over preserves.
- Sprinkle reserved topping evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Chill before serving and store leftovers in fridge