French Apricot Cream Cheese Bars
My sis in law Donna Mae made these and I fell in love with them. They are rich, crumbly, creamy, and fruity and are one of my favorite cookies.
People always ask me for the recipe when I make these.
- 1 pkg
- french vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 c
- melted butter
- 1 large
- 12 oz
- apricot preserves
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 large
How to Make French Apricot Cream Cheese Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick spray.
- 3Combine cake mix, butter and egg, mix with a fork til crumbly.
- 4Spoon 1 1/2 cup crumbs in a bowl and reserve for topping.
- 5Press remaining crumbs in the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Let cool a little, then spread preserves evenly over crust.
- 7In a bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- 8Spread evenly over preserves.
- 9Sprinkle reserved topping evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- 10Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- 11Chill before serving and store leftovers in fridge