Florentine Lace Cookies
3/4 cheavy cream
1/2 cgranulated sugar
2 calmonds, slivered
1/4 corange marmalade
1/4 tspgrated orange zest
3 ozbittersweet chocolated, finely chopped
1 ozfinely chopped bittersweet chocolate
How to Make Florentine Lace Cookies
- Process the 2 cups slivered almonds until they have texture of coarse sand and set aside.
- In large pot combine cream, sugar, and butter. Bring to a boil on medium heat, about 7 minutes. Stir to combine evenly. Look for the top edge to start turning a golden color, and constantly stir until the spoon leaves a trail and most of the moisture cooks off.
- Remove from heat and add almonds, flour, vanilla, salt, marmalade, and zest. Mix until well incorporated.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a level tablespoon, spoon cookies 3 inches apart on each sheet.
- Dip fingers in a little water, and pat cookies down to about a 2 1/2 inch circle. ( these will spread a lot!)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes to get an even golden color and drive off any extra moisture. Halfway through switch and rotate pans. Cool on parchment paper removed from pans onto a wire rack.
- Heat 3oz finely chopped bittersweet chocolate in microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes (looking for it to be mostly melted) be careful not to heat over 100degrees to keep smooth texture. Add extra oz of chocolate unmelted to allow any overheated chocolate to reform and smooth out.
- Pour chocolate into zip bag and cut 1/16 of a inch hole in corner to drizzle onto cookies.
- Set chocolate by chilling in fridge for about 30 minutes. Then enjoy!
- You can also make more chocolate if you prefer to add a thin layer on one side.