Finska Kakor (Finnish Cakes)
Note: The prep time includes chilling the dough.
3/4 cbutter (soft)
1 tspalmond extract
2 csifted flour
1/3 cblanched almonds, finely chopped
1 largeegg (egg white only slightly beaten)
How to Make Finska Kakor (Finnish Cakes)
- Mix thoroughly with hands:
butter, sugar and almond extract
Add in sifted flour
- Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator to chill about 2 hours or longer.
- When you are ready to bake, remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- lightly flour your surface and roll dough out about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut into strips about 2 1/2 inches long by 3/4 inch wide.
- Brush tops lightly with egg white and sprinkle with a mixture of Tbsp sugar and almonds.
- Carefully transfer several strips at a time to an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake just until cookies begin to turn a very delicate golden brown (17 to 20 minutes)