Double Vanilla Cookies with Lemon Glaze
To make them "double vanilla," use both vanilla bean and vanilla extract but if you are missing one of them, just use one type of vanilla.
These would be equally good with orange glaze or melted chocolate substituted for the lemon glaze.
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- finely ground vanilla bean or scrapings from the interior of the bean
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 dash(es)
- salt (optional)
- 1 medium
- lemon, juice only
DOUBLE VANILLA COOKIES
How to Make Double Vanilla Cookies with Lemon Glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F and move a rack to the middle of the oven.
- 2In the large bowl of the food processor, cream together the granulated sugar, vanillas, butter, egg, and milk. Add the salt, baking powder and flour. Process until well mixed into a sticky dough.
- 3Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using two spoons, evenly distribute drops of dough about one inch in diameter on the parchment paper. This cookies do not spread much so can be fairly close together.
- 4Move the cookies to a rack to cool but save the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- 5To make the glaze, in a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the lemon zest. Add the lemon juice a little at a time, stirring between additions, until you have a glaze the consistency of pancake batter or thick honey.
- 6Dip the tops of the somewhat cooled cookies in the lemon glaze and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet to further cool and the glaze to thicken.
- 7Try not to eat all the cookies before they reach room temperature!