Date Filled Brown Sugar Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 cunsalted butter (no substitutes)
2 clight brown sugar
2 cchopped dates
1/2 cwhite sugar
How to Make Date Filled Brown Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350
- PREPARE FILLING
In small saucepan,cook dates, white sugar and water on medium high heat till thickened, stirring often.
Set aside to cool
Use stand mixer if possible.
Sift dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon together in bowl and set aside.
- In mixer bowl cream together butter and brown sugar.
Then, add eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
- Form dough into three balls and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface gently roll one ball of dough 1/4 inch thick. (Repeat this process with the other two balls as needed. Leave them in the fridge until ready for them.)
Cut with 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Place half of rounds on non-stick cookie pans.
Spoon 1 teaspoon Date Filling in center of each cookie round.
- Cut an X in the middle of reserved rounds. These are the tops. Place on top of bottom cookie. Seal the edges with fork tines.
- BAKE 10-15 minutes in 350 oven or until edges are light brown.
You may dust with powdered sugar before serving.