☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cupsall-purpose flour
1 cupunsalted butter, cold and cut into thin pats
6 ozcream cheese, cut into pieces
1/3 cupsour cream
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cupgranulated sugar
1 Tbspground cinnamon
1 cupfinely chopped walnuts
How to Make Danish Rugelah
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, salt, butter, cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until crumbly.
- Shape pastry into 4 equal-sized disks. Wrap; chill 2 hours (or up to 2 days).
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll each pastry disk into a 9-inch circle, keeping each pastry chilled until rolled. Sprinkle rolled pastry with cinnamon/sugar mixture, walnuts and raisins, dividing ingredients equally among pastry rounds. Press lightly into the dough.
- With a chef's knife, cut each round into 12 wedges. Roll wedges tightly from outside edge to the narrow point, making sure filling is enclosed (as raisins will burn if exposed). Pinch to secure tips to the dough.
- Place on baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake at 350° for 22 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks. Store up to 4 days in airtight containers.