Crunchy Almond Biscotti
Kelly Hover Martin
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
2 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Crunchy Almond Biscotti
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Lightly beat together eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
- Gradually mix in 1/2 of egg mixture into flour mixture with an electric mixer. Add almonds. Gradually add remaining egg mixtures until incorporated and dough comes together. Dough should be easily handled, neither to wet or dry. Adjust accordingly with more flour or a touch of olive oil.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and shape dough into a 3x14-inch log. Transfer log to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm to the touch, 30 to 40 minutes. Allow log to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Transfer log to a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices, using a serrated knife. Return biscotti slices to baking sheet, cut-side up. Return biscotti to the oven and bake until biscotti are firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. Flip each cookie and continue baking until toasted, about 20 minutes more.
- Cool biscotti completely before storing in an airtight container.