Creme de Menthe Thins
I am now baking cookies for many of activities that I am involved with. I am now 86 and love to experiment with new cookie recipes. This one is a favorite.
- 1 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 stick
- unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 c
- chocolate chips any variety
How to Make Creme de Menthe Thins
- 1In a small bowl wisk together above the first four dry ingredients and set aside. Could use all (all purpose) flour in this recipe.
- 2In separate large bowl mix together the following five ingredients and microwave until all chips are melted. Set aside to cool. Beat in 2 eggs stirring well to blend ingredients
- 3Add dry ingredients to warm chocolate mixture and mix togtether. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4If left overnight set bowl out to come to room temperature for easy handling. I use a melon ball scope to form one inch balls and roll in my hands to make even rounded cookies.
- 5Place 2 inches apart on parchment covered cookie sheets. This recipe will make about 75-80 cookies depending on the size balls you made.
- 6Bake one cookie sheet at a time in middle rack of your oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for several minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
- 7After all are baked and cooloed - melt one cup creme de menthe baking chips in microwave bowl and melt several minutes stirring often. Use this to frost each cookie with creme de menthe chocolate then let cool for frosting to set. Store cookies in covered containers. These are delicate and delicious mintyh cookies. They will go fast.