Crème de Menthe Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
1/2 ctruvía® baking blend
1 1/2 Tbsplight molasses
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspespresso powder, instant
1 1/2 tspsalt
12andes mint, broken in half
1 candes mint, chopped baking chips
How to Make Crème de Menthe Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- In a small bowl, mix together Truvia Baking Blend and molasses with a fork until well blended. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder and baking soda; mix well.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together Truvia Baking Blend mixture and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. With the mixer on low, gently add the flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- To form each cookie, take about 1 Tablespoon of dough and form it around 1 half of an Andes mint; creating a thick round disc. Place formed cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Using your fingers, gently press a teaspoon of chopped mints or baking chips into the top of each cookie
- Bake cookies for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool cookies for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- - Did you know that you could make your own ‘brown’ Truvia Baking Blend by mixing it with molasses? When mixing Truvia baking blend with molasses, keep mixing with fork until mixture is completely blended and no chunks of molasses remain.
- Want to use granulated sugar in place of the Truvia? Simply substitute 1 cup granulated sugar in place of the Truvia and double the molasses to equal 1 tablespoon.