Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
1 cbutter, softened
3 ozcream cheese, softened (do not use low fat or fat free...the consistency won't be right!)
1/2 tspalmond extract
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2 call-purpose flour
How to Make Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, extracts, and egg yolk.
- Blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, and level off to measure.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and shape into a disk. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. On a lightly floured board, roll out dough, 1/3 at a time, to 1/8 inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated).
- Cut into desired shapes with floured cutters. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave cookies plain or sprinkle with sugar crystals at this point. Bake for 7- 10 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired. Enjoy!