I have been making these for 35 years. Came from Sunset Magazine. My family can't eat them fast enough. I always give Christmas Baskets every year to friends and neighbors and these are a favorite for them too. Please enjoy and let me know what you think.
2In Large bowl of an electric mixer,
1) Beat Butter, Cream Cheese, and sugar until creamy
2) Beat in Vanilla and Lemon Peel
3) Gradually add flour blending thoroughly
4) Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart
5) Bake in oven for about 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
36) Transfer to racks and let cool.
7) Store in air tight container.