Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread
3/4 cunsalted butter, softened
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cfinely chopped shelled pistachios
1/4 cdried cranberries, finely chopped
2 call purpose flour
How to Make Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in pistachios and dried cranberries.
- Add flour and salt and mix well to make a stiff dough.
- Divide dough in half and roll each piece in wax paper to make a cylinder about 2 inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Refrigerate dough until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and oil baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- Slice dough into rounds about 1/4 inch thick. Arrange about 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are browned. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few seconds and then remove to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- If desired, dip cooled cookies in melted dark or white chocolate. Let chocolate set before serving.