Cookie Lady's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 1/2 cvegetable oil (not butter, margarine, shortening!)
2 c1 lb firmly packed brown sugar
1 tspbaking soda
6 cold fashioned rolled oats
How to Make Cookie Lady's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda
- In the largest mixing bowl you have beat together oil, sugars, eggs, water and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat well.
- Beat in oatmeal (I always hand mixed this part as my mixer couldn't take it).
- Fold in raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes until lightly brown.
- let cool for 3 minutes then move to cooling rack
- NOTE: My Grandmother's cookies always spread out very thinly while cooking--nearly flattened. I have made this recipe hundreds of times and my result is normal-looking oatmeal raisin cookies. The taste is the same only the texture changes. Grandma had a magic touch with all of her cookies and no one in the family has ever figured out how she made ALL of her cookies flattened like this.