Cookie Jar Ginger Snaps
2 call purpose flour
1 Tbsppowdered ginger
2 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbutter or margarine
1 cwhite sugar
1/4 cdark molasses
1/4 cfinely chopped crystallized ginger
1/4 craw or decorator's (large crystal) sugar
How to Make Cookie Jar Ginger Snaps
- Sift dry ingredients together in medium-size bowl.
- Cream shortening with sugar till fluffy. Stir in egg and molasses.
- Add dry ingredients and crystallized ginger till mixed (do not over-mix).
- Turn out dough onto an 18-inch long sheet of plastic wrap or aluminum foil, pressing to a 1-inch-thick slab, and wrap completely. Place on a plate, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until dough is stiff.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
Pull off pieces of chilled dough, and roll into balls the size of a walnut. Roll each in raw sugar and arrange on cookie sheet, pressing slightly to flatten.
- Bake 10-12 minutes till golden and well-set. Cool on racks. Makes about 4 dozen 2" cookies. Store in canister or cookie jar!