Coconut Meringue Cookies
These are a light, flavorful treat that's great anytime of the year.
Please let me know how you like them.
- 1/2 c
- egg whites (from aprox. 3 lg. eggs)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c
- coconut, unsweetened
How to Make Coconut Meringue Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 325*
- 2Whip egg whites, sugar and salt to a soft peak.
- 3Add vanilla and continue beating to stiff peak.
- 4Fold in coconut.
- 5Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- 6Bake until to a light pinkish brown.(Yes, they will actually have a pink hue.)Aprox. 10-12 minutes.
As each oven heats differently, check at 8 minutes and again at 2 minute intervals. Do not over bake!