Coconut Macaroons Chocolate Dipped
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Mmmm... these were so sweet, moist and flaky. I have always loved coconut macaroons and dipping them in chocolate makes them so much better. A perfect treat to make for a bake sale or to take to a luncheon. The Test Kitchen
- 1 14 oz
- package sweetened shredded coconut (about 5 cups)
- 4 large
- egg whites
- 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- chocolate semi-sweet squares melted for coating bottom of cookie
How to Make Coconut Macaroons Chocolate Dipped
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, egg whites, sugar and flour, salt and vanilla. Drop packed tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1-inch apart. Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until lightly golden, 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2For Dipping: 6 or 8 squares of chocolate melted in microwave. Use more if needed. Dip bottoms of cookie and put on parchment sheet to dry. After completely dry and cooled you can store in airtight container. Will keep for 5 days.