Cinnamon Dusted Shortbread
This cookie tastes like a very light, slightly delicate shortbread cookie dipped in cinnamon sugar. They literally melt in your mouth!
I made the batch last night and this morning there are only a few left!
How to Make Cinnamon Dusted Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening, almond extract, water and 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- Sift together flour and salt and add to butter mixture. Incorporate into a soft dough.
- Roll into balls using a generous 1 tablespoon of dough for each. Flatten with bottom of cup dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden.
- In a small mixing bowl, combing remaining sugar and cinnamon. While cookies are still warm, toss gently, one at a time, in cinnamon sugar mixture.