Cinnamon Bun Scones
Nice blend of oats,cinnamon and pecans dropped onto cookie sheet- ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
My family tried this recipe and we love it!
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- quaker oats, quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 6 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- butter, cold,cut into pieces (1 stick)
- 3/4 c
- 1 large
- egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- toasted chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- cinnamon, more if you desire
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 3-4 tsp
- orange juice or cranberry juice
How to Make Cinnamon Bun Scones
- 1Heat oven to 425^. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine flour ,oats and 4 Tablespoons of the sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2In small bowl, combine remaining 2 Tablespoons sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture(DO not blend completely). Drop dough by 1/4 cup(4 Tablespoons) 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 3Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough orange or cranberry juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth.
Drizzle over top of warm scones. Serve warm.