Chocolate Toffee Candy crisps
- sleeve (about 35 saltine crackers)
- 1 c
- unsalted butter ( 2 sticks)
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1 pkg
- 11 1/2 oz. chocolate chips (any kind you prefer)
- 1/4 c
- chopped nuts of your liking (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Toffee Candy crisps
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan (jelly roll pan) with foil. Grease the foil lined pan with shortening.
- 2Place crackers in a single layer to cover the bottom of the pan (breaking them if needed to fit)
- 3In a medium saucepan,over medium heat, combine butter and brown sugar. Whisk constantly and when it begins to boil gently, start timing and let it boil gently for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Take off heat after the 3 minutes.
- 4Pour toffee layer over cracker lined pan. Spread if needed to cover the crackers. (work quickly, as it does tend to harden quickly)
- 5Bake toffee covered crackers in preheated 375 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- 6Take out of oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the entire pan. Let sit a few minutes, and with a spatula spread the melting chocolate chips to create an even chocolate layer.
If using nuts, sprinkle nuts evenly over the chocolate.
- 7Let completely cool to the point of the chocolate being hardened. Cut into about 48 squares.
Be ready for it to disappear!