Chocolate Toffee Candy crisps
1sleeve (about 35 saltine crackers)
1 cunsalted butter ( 2 sticks)
1 cbrown sugar
1 pkg11 1/2 oz. chocolate chips (any kind you prefer)
1/4 cchopped nuts of your liking (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Toffee Candy crisps
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan (jelly roll pan) with foil. Grease the foil lined pan with shortening.
- Place crackers in a single layer to cover the bottom of the pan (breaking them if needed to fit)
- In a medium saucepan,over medium heat, combine butter and brown sugar. Whisk constantly and when it begins to boil gently, start timing and let it boil gently for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Take off heat after the 3 minutes.
- Pour toffee layer over cracker lined pan. Spread if needed to cover the crackers. (work quickly, as it does tend to harden quickly)
- Bake toffee covered crackers in preheated 375 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the entire pan. Let sit a few minutes, and with a spatula spread the melting chocolate chips to create an even chocolate layer.
If using nuts, sprinkle nuts evenly over the chocolate.
- Let completely cool to the point of the chocolate being hardened. Cut into about 48 squares.
Be ready for it to disappear!