1 1/2 call purpose flour
2/3 cgranulated sugar
3/4 cunsalted butter, cold
1 can(s)(14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 Tbspmaple flavoring
2 cchopped walnuts (or pecans)
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Maple Nut Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1 beaten egg. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1 egg and maple flavoring; stir in nuts. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over prepared crust.
Gently spread nut mixture evenly over chocolate.
- Return to oven. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.