- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- unsalted butter, cold
- 2 large
- 1 can(s)
- (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- maple flavoring
- 2 c
- chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Maple Nut Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1 beaten egg. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- 3In medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1 egg and maple flavoring; stir in nuts. Set aside.
- 4Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over prepared crust.
Gently spread nut mixture evenly over chocolate.
- 5Return to oven. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 6Cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.