Chocolate Mandeln Makron German Christmas Cookies
How to Make Chocolate Mandeln Makron German Christmas Cookies
- 1Beat 4 egg whites very stiff. Gradually beat in sugar to stiff peaks.
- 2Add lemon juice, then fold in chocolate.
- 3Fold in ground almonds.
- 5Bake at 250. She did not indicate how much time so you will have to watch these closely. Do not over bake or they will get hard. Start with 15 min and taste one. I would only put a couple on a cookie sheet for the first batch to determine the time for baking since each oven is different. When I make these next I will include the correct time.
- 6Allow to cool and ice with chocolate or powdered sugar glaze.
- 7NOTE: The picture is from Google images. I will add a photo soon when I make these for Christmas.
- 8NOTE: Bach Oblaten Rounds can be purchased at a German deli if you have access to one. Otherwise, I have purchased these on-line through Amazon and E-Bay. I'm sure there are other on-line grocers that sell them too. I should also note that they are edible for those that are not familiar with them. Also, the do come in different sizes. The smaller the round the more cookies it yields.