5 Tbspbutter, melted
5 Tbspsplenda (sugar substitute)
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/4 cbread flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspcocoa powder
1/4 csemi-sweet mini chocloate chips
1/4 chazelnuts, chopped, lightly toasted
How to Make Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti (Sugar Free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, in the bowl mix until combined the melted butter and Splenda; next add the eggs and vanilla extract, mixing all together.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and cocoa; add them to the liquid ingredients above. Add the chocolate chips and hazelnuts. Mix together to form the dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface. Knead it together and roll it out into a cylinder, 12-inches long.
- Place the cylinder of dough on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed lightly with a non-stick cooking spray. Flatten the dough with the palm of your hand to form a strip 2 1/2 inches thick.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until set.
- Remove from oven and cool. When the dought is cool, cut it into 1/2 inch slices and arrange them 1/2 inch apart on a cookie sheet. Rebake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until crispy.