Chocolate Drop Almond Cookies
We also used a tabletop electric mixer to mix the ingredients.
3/4 cbrown sugar (packed)
1/2 capplesauce (unsweetened)
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
1/2 calmonds (chopped)
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1/3 ccocoa powder (unsweetened)
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Chocolate Drop Almond Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat baking sheets with oil or cooking spray. (Or use non-stick baking sheets)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and egg. Blend in apple sauce, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add almonds and blend in (Just before placing on cookie sheets.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. (about 15 to a sheet).
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cookie "springs back" when lightly touched.
- Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Optional glaze: Combine 1/4 cup confectioners sugar and 1/4 tsp almond extract. Add water, a few drops at a time until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cookies.