Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
Have you been looking for another new quick and easy holiday treat? This is the one for you. You more than likely have all the ingredients in your pantry too! Plus, what's better than hitting that salty and sweet craving at the same time? Nothing!
I threw these together while watching a movie. They are cute too! Add them to your next holiday goodie platter.
1 cpeanut butter
3/4 cbrown sugar (possibly more)
3/4 cpowdered sugar (possibly more)
2 Tbspsoftened butter
1/2 pkgsemi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 pkgsemi sweet milk chocolate chips
YOU CAN ALSO USE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS AS WELL OR MAKE SOME OF EACH!!!!
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine peanut butter and softened butter until well blended.
- Add the brown sugar and powdered sugar and mix to combine. At this point if the filling will roll easily into balls without sticking to your hands you’re ready to go. If not, add a little more of each sugar until you reach a consistency that is easy to roll.
- Use a teaspoon measuring spoon or the smallest melon scoop you can find to scoop the filling. Roll each portion into a small ball, then sandwich them between two whole pretzels. You can use any type you'd like. Have fun with it!
- When all the balls are rolled and sandwiched, stick the whole tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals, stirring occasionally until completely melted OR melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer, line the pan or cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment and quickly dip each pretzel half-way into the melted chocolate.
- Place on the tray and repeat with remaining sandwiches. When all are dipped, return the tray to the freezer to set up completely. Store the sandwiches in the refrigerator until serving time. Enjoy!