Chocolate Crinkle Cookies for Chris
- 1 - 15 -17 oz
- dark chocolate or fudge cake mix
- 1/4 c
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
How to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies for Chris
- 1Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. When you have the dough made and chilled, turn on oven to 350 degrees while scooping dough.
- 2In mixing bowl, beat eggs, melted butter, brown sugar, & vanilla, together. Add cake mix and cocoa until well mixed and all lumps are gone. Fold in chocolate chips. Chill dough for several hours in the fridge or 30 minutes in the freezer. If you spread dough up the sides of the bowl, it will chill faster. Or scoop out onto wax paper and flatten into a disk to chill in fridge.
- 3Scoop dough with a cookie scoop and drop into a container with the powdered sugar. I scoop several and then roll them around in the powdered sugar to coat them well. Then place them on the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart (they spread so don't crowd them) Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass that has been sprayed with non stick spray and dipped in powdered sugar. This step makes the cookies much prettier when done baking. They look crackled rather then like earth quake crevices. :)
- 4These are a very chocolatey, fudgy, chewy cookie. I used the chocolate fudge cake mix because that is how I like chocolate cookies..dark and fudgy. If you only have devil's food, you might want to add a little more cocoa powder and brown sugar to make the cookies fudgier..or leave as is if you like them less chocolatey.
- 5Bake for 9-12 minutes until set. A little under done is always best if you like chewy cookies and bake a little longer for crispy cookies. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, and finish cooling on a rack or just on the parchment sheet pulled off of the baking sheet. Enjoy them warm out of the oven with a glass of milk or cuppa coffee.