Chocolate Coated Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
They are a little time consuming but well worth the labor.
You will be so amazed at all the flavors.
I also make these and add chopped pretzels to the caramel. They are amazing also.
1 1/2 ca/p flour
2 cminature milk chocolate chips
3 Tbsppeanut butter
1/2 cchopped salted peanuts
How to Make Chocolate Coated Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks and vanilla. Add flour if using an electric mixer you may not be able to add all the flour so mix by hand. Make sure all ingredients are combined well
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls about the size of a walnut. Place on a cookie sheet and make an indentation with your thumb.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. IF the indentations rise up push them down with a spoon. Let Cool
- When the cookies are cool melt the chocolate chips,the cream and peanut butter in the microwave until it is creamy.
- Dip each cookie in to the chocolate and place on a piece of waxed paper. Let set until it hardens.
- Melt caramel and cream in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add chopped peanuts and stir.
- Spoon a teaspoon full of the caramel into each thumbprint cookie.
- Let completely cool and serve. Enjoy