Chocolate Chip Mini Skillet Cookies for 2
And what better way to use them than to make cookies in them !
A cookie from one of these is HUGE, super fun and tasty.
Today we are making chocolate chip but we have also made peanut butter and snickerdoodle !
They are always evenly browned and cooked and soft in the center .. just perfect!
Serve these warm or cooled.
They are a super special thing served right in the little skillet with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup !
2/3 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
4 Tbspbutter - softened
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
4 Tbsplight brown sugar
1egg - whisked lightly
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/4 cmini chocolate chips
1/4 cwhite chocolate chips
1/4 cchopped roasted and salted pecans
How to Make Chocolate Chip Mini Skillet Cookies for 2
- Preheat oven to 350°.
Line the bottoms of 2 mini ( 5" ) cast iron skillets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl combine butter and both sugars until well blended.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture. Do not beat it in or the cookie will be tough.
Fold in the chocolate chips and the pecans.
- Divide your dough in half and put half into each little skillet.
Press the dough into the skillets so they are level.
- Place the skillets onto a baking sheet then into the oven.
Bake for 16 - 18 minutes or until cookie is browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before digging in.
- NOTE: Remove parchment paper from cookie before eating ..unless you like the flavor and chew of parchment paper :)