- eggs, separated (you'll only need the whites)
- 1 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 c
- 15 oz
- miniature chocolate chips
- 1/4 c
- dark chocolate cocoa powder
How to Make Chocolate Chip Meringues
- 1Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- 2In a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- 3Lower speed of mixer and add sugar and cocoa powder until just blended.
- 4Remove bowl from mixer and gently fold in chocolate chips.
- 5Using a piping bag (without a tip) or a plastic baggie with the corner cut off, pipe the meringue onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving a 1/2 inch of space between them. Create mounds about 1-1/5 inches in diameter. Work in a circular motion forming a peak.
- 6Bake in a 225 degree oven for 1.5 hours or until they are no longer soft to the touch.
- 7You can dust them with powdered sugar or cocoa powder for presentation. Store in an airtight container.