☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5eggs, separated (you'll only need the whites)
1 tspcream of tartar
1 1/2 csugar
15 ozminiature chocolate chips
1/4 cdark chocolate cocoa powder
How to Make Chocolate Chip Meringues
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- In a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Lower speed of mixer and add sugar and cocoa powder until just blended.
- Remove bowl from mixer and gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a piping bag (without a tip) or a plastic baggie with the corner cut off, pipe the meringue onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving a 1/2 inch of space between them. Create mounds about 1-1/5 inches in diameter. Work in a circular motion forming a peak.
- Bake in a 225 degree oven for 1.5 hours or until they are no longer soft to the touch.
- You can dust them with powdered sugar or cocoa powder for presentation. Store in an airtight container.