★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 c
- ( 2 sicks ) butter
- 3/4 c
- dark chocolate cocoa
- 2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- ( plus 1/3 cup ) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 c
- chpped almonds
- 1 can(s)
- ( 14 oz ) sweetened condensed milk ( not evaporated) milk
- 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 c
- hershey's mini kisses brand milk chocolates
- 1 c
- chopped maraschino cherries, draied
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350 generously gease 13x9" baking pan .
- 2Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat, stir in cocoa until smooth. Remove from heat, add sugar, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups flour and almonds. mix well, pour into prepared pan, bake for 20 minutes.
- 3Meamwhile, whisk together remaining 1 egg, and 1/3 cup of flour, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Pour over baked layer, sprinkle chocolate pieces and cherries over the top. Return to oven.
- 4Bake addnitional 20-25 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate until cool, about 6 hours or ove night. Cut into bars. Cover and refrigerate leftover bars.