Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1/2 cwhite and/or dark chocolate chips
1 cmaraschino cherries, chopped
1 cbutter, room temperature
2 call purpose flour
1/2 Tbspvanilla extract
8 ozwhite and/or dark chocolate, chopped
How to Make Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Mix the flour and the salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until it starts forming larger clumps.
- Mix in the maraschino cherries,white chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Form the dough into the shape that you want, wrap it in plastic and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices and place them on a parchment lined baking pan with one inch space betweet them.
- Bake in oven until they just start to turn lightly golden brown on top. (10-15 minutes)
- Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in small pot.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cookies and place on a sheet of parchment paper and let cool until the chocolate sets.