How to Make Chewy Rum Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients, except sugar. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
- Beat in egg and rum extract.
- Gradually blend in the rest of the dry ingredients. Make sure your mixing thoroughly.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in colored sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.