CHEWY PECAN BARS - DIABETIC FRIENDLY
***Pecans are packed with antioxidants!***
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
MAKES 48 (1 SQUARE) SERVINGS
CALORIES FROM FAT: 39%
TOTAL FAT: 5g
SATURATED FAT: 2g
*DELICIOUS DIABETIC RECIPES by HOLLY CLEGG*
- 1 box
- (18.25-oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 3 large
- eggs, divided
- 1 c
- dark corn syrup
- 1/4 c
- light brown sugar
- 1 large
- egg white
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make CHEWY PECAN BARS - DIABETIC FRIENDLY
- 1PREHEAT; Oven to 350 degrees F.
COAT: 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2IN: Large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg, mixing until stiff dough forms.
PRESS: Mixture evenly in bottom of prepared pan.
BAKE: Crust 15 minutes or until light brown.
- 3IN: Large mixing bowl, combine remaining 2 eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, egg white, and vanilla, mixing well.
STIR: In pecans.
POUR: Evenly over baked crust and return to oven 20 minutes or until filling is set.
COOL: Cut, serve and enjoy!
* Top with a dollop of fat-free whipped topping.